A message from Pacific Dermatology & Cosmetic Center
To our valued patients,
We are so excited to announce that we will be resuming our in office cosmetic and medical dermatology appointments starting May 18, 2020.
We will be scheduling and seeing patients in the office with your safety first. Your health and safety are our highest priority during this time. We continue to update our policies and procedures daily to reflect the evolving Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington State rules, recommendations and guidelines
On May 18th, we will begin in person cosmetic treatments such as Botox, fillers, lasers and other cosmetic surgeries. We will be offering in person cosmetic consults, but will continue with our virtual consultations as well.
We have implemented several safety measures over the past several weeks to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible, and we would like to share them with you as guidance for your upcoming visit.
Our office safety steps include:
- We are screening all of our staff for any Covid symptoms prior to coming in contact with our patients. We are also equipping all of our staff with PPE masks. All the staff who are coming in direct contact with patients are also diligently washing our hands before and after each patient.
- Our waiting area has been reconfigured to ensure at least 6 feet between patients. If you are early for your appointment, we may you to wait in your car until closer to your appointment time. We will be using text messaging for appointment communication.
- We clean each exam room with disinfectant including any items that are commonly touched, including exam tables, chairs, iPads, pens and doorknobs before and after each patient visit and at the end of each day.
We also would like to let you know what YOU CAN DO during your visit with us.
- Prior to your visit, you will be asked if you (or any person accompanying you) have had:
- Any cold or flu symptoms in the past 3 days? Symptoms include but are not limited to cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell”
- Have you traveled to any region known to be a ‘hot spot’ for Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you come in contact with a person known to have the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 14 days?”
- Please be sure that you (or any person accompanying you) bring a protective mask or facial covering for your visit and wear it before entering the building and throughout the visit. In the event you do not have a mask or a face covering, we may not be able to see you until a later date.
- If possible, we would like any family members wait in the car. If an adult (in case of a minor) or a caretaker needs to accompany a patient, only one adult will be allowed with the patient in the office. That person should also seek to observe the guidelines above (including wearing a protective mask or facial covering)
- Other than being examined by one of our providers, please try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other persons.
We are continuing our teledermatology visits
We are pleased that we have received great feedback from our patients on our teledermatology visits. If you would like to convert your appointment to teledematology visit, please feel free to let our phone receptionists know. Of course, certain diagnoses may require in-person evaluations. Examples of visits that work best for telehealth are:
- Stable acne
- Accutane follow ups
- Refill requests when a prescription has expired
- Management of biologics for patients who live far from the office
- Management of stable dermatitis/psoriasis for patients who live far from the office
You may get faster response by using our patient portal:
We are expecting numerous calls from our patients in the upcoming weeks. You may be able to obtain quicker responses from our providers and nurses by contacting them directly using your patient portal. If you need any help setting it up, please call us at (206)859.5777 or email us at [email protected] and we will email you your user link. We are still working on limited staffing so please expect one to two days for responses.
Thank you again for your trust and confidence. We are all looking forward to seeing you!
Dr. Jennifer Reichel and all the staff at Pacific Dermatology & Cosmetic Center
Letter from Dr. Reichel
Dear Valued Patients,
Your health is our first priority. We know that many of you have questions during these unprecedented times and we want to assure you that we are taking the following actions to uphold your safety:
- Firstly, we are here for you!! We have receptionists and providers available to answer all questions.
- We are screening all patients for risk of COVID-19 and will immediately reschedule any patients who fall into a risk category.
- As of March 19, our offices will remain open for Medical Dermatology appointments.
- Although it is a difficult decision, we will be postponing all cosmetic patients and cosmetic procedures until April 13th and after. If you are on our schedule prior to April 13th, we will be calling you soon. And rest assured, we are keeping our aesthetic staff busy with no planned lay-offs.
We are offering telehealth (video) consultations for all cosmetic patients and dermatology patients upon request. We would like to offer you 10% off and FREE SHIPPING on all cosmetic products.
- Please check out our facebook and Instagram pages for new content over the next few weeks. We are planning on daily “stay connected” briefs.
Our community is strong. Through focus on our patients and team, we are even stronger. Thank you for your patience and please take good care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Dr. Jennifer Reichel, and the team at Pacific Dermatology & Cosmetic Center
Let’s Tame Those Trouble Spots
One of the wonderful things about living in this day and age is that cosmetic beauty can mean so many things. Even with the influence of social media influencers and celebrities around every corner, more people are grasping onto the idea that they can be their own kind of beautiful. However that looks for you, there are treatments that can help you achieve that. Sometimes, that means taming certain trouble spots.
As you know, trouble spots can develop anywhere. For some people, it is facial aging that causes concern. For some, it is skin and body issues like unwanted hair, unwanted fat, or unattractive veins. Here, we want to focus on the various trouble spots that may occur and how each can be dealt with quickly and effectively.
Signs of Aging
The development of permanent lines and wrinkles can feel distressing. Once creases remain even when the face is at rest, there’s no going back. There are, however, multiple ways forward. Some of the ways that we help patients tame trouble spots on their face include:
- Chemical peels for gentle, routine exfoliation can be performed as often as monthly.
- Microneedling is a brief treatment that induces collagen production for all-over improvement.
- Laser and light treatments can resurface and remodel the skin to look brighter, clearer, and softer.
- Injectables smooth lines and creases around the eyes, nose, and mouth, as well as the hands and neck.
- CoolSculpting and Kybella are each excellent choices to reduce a double-chin.
The body ages similarly to the face but is, for the most part, easy to disguise, at least for a time. Trouble spots that may eventually take center stage can often be addressed with:
- CoolSculpting for small areas of stubborn fat. Common treatment areas include the stomach, thighs, arms, bra area, and chin.
- Cellfina is a proven method of eliminating frustrating cellulite. The in-office treatment is comfortable and literally untethers the skin to restore a smooth, beautiful surface.
- Liposonix, like CoolSculpting, is intended for the spot reduction of unwanted fat in the midsection.
- Tumescent liposuction is the treatment of choice for those who want faster, more dramatic results in fat reduction.
- Liposculpting is a precision liposuction technique that is used to sculpt smaller areas of the body or face.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive menu of services to patients in the Seattle and Renton areas. To schedule a consultation where we can discuss your trouble spots, call 206-859-5777.
CoolSculpting & Dualsculpting Event
Join us for a Cool Event featuring CoolSculpting and DualSculpting! The world's #1 non-surgical fat removal treatment! Wednesday, May 15th, 4:00-6:00 PM, Northgate location. Call to RSVP at 206.859.5777. The 1st 10 RSVP's receive 10 units of Botox FREE!
Learn more by reading through our specials or contact us at 206-859-5777 or via our contact page.
Little Black Dress or Slender Suit: October/November Special
In this issue: Are you ready to wear your little black dress or slender suit this holiday season? At our Northgate office now through December 31st: buy four treatments, get the 5th area free on Coolsculpting ($750 value). Plus, FREE Coolsculpting consultations with Dr. Jennifer Reichel, M.D. through December 31st, 2018! Reserve your spot today: 206-859-5777.
Learn more by reading through our specials or contact us at 206-859-5777 or via our contact page.
Plan Ahead To Look Your Best For Weddings, Reunions & The Beach
By Cheryl Wells
If you are planning a little spruce up for a Spring or Summer event like a wedding or high school reunion, NOW is the time to start planning! While many of the most modern procedures don’t have any “down time” where you’re hiding behind big sunglasses, they do take some time to take effect. For example, Botox will give you a noticeable improvement in about a week, while you’ll need 3-6 months to see the maximum effects of Ultherapy as it spurs new collagen growth to smooth wrinkles and lifts your face. To time your treatments right, follow the chart below:
|When to Schedule|
|Name of Procedure||What it does|
|3-6 months||Ultherapy – Face/neck & chest|
Liposonix – Tummy, waist, thighs
|Lift, tighten, tone and smooths wrinkles|
Permanent fat cell destruction
|4-8 weeks||Fillers – Lips, cheeks, under eyes|
smile lines and around the mouth
|3-6 weeks||Botox – Crow’s feet, 11’s, forehead and other facial wrinkles||Buys you “wrinkle-free” time. Softens wrinkles and decreases muscle movement|
|3-4 weeks||IPL/BBL – Face, neck, chest, hands||Diminishes brown spots, freckles, redness, veins, rosacea, sun damage and more|
|2-8 weeks||Clear & Brilliant — Coming soon! Face, neck, chest, arms, hands||Improves skin tone and texture, and gives your skin a more radiant, youthful glow|
Ultherapy is a new and effective non-invasive alternative to a face-lift, with virtually no down-time. It is the only FDA-approved device that allows the provider to see an image of the layers of the skin in order to direct the ultrasound waves at the exact precise depth needed to cause neocollagenesis. This collagen growth will lift and tighten your face, neck, or chest. It really works! The price for Ultherapy usually runs anywhere from $750 to $3500 depending on the area treated. View more
Liposonix can help get rid of those exercise resistant fatty deposits by fully destroying the fat cells! Never to return again—once the fat cells are gone—they are gone forever. Liposonix uses HIFU Ultrasound waves at a specific depth and frequency with a unique large tip to accomplish this cell destruction. The price ranges from $500 to $3500 depending on the size of the area. View more
Botox & fillers are a great way to soften wrinkles and/or add volume to help you look younger. Botox is a purified protein that decreases muscle movement, which essentially gives you wrinkle free time. Fillers are used to add volume in areas such as the cheeks or lips and to help soften creases. They are also a terrific complement to your Ultherapy treatment. Use these spot treatments any time after Ultherapy and at least one month or two (see chart) before your special occasion. The average price ranges from as little as $250 and up to $1000, or more depending on what is needed. View more
IPL/BBL uses multiple light beams and wave lengths to target the problem areas. Both devices diminish brown spots, freckles, redness, veins, rosacea, sun damage and more. They are also terrific anti-aging treatments! They work at a cellular level and physically make the skin cells healthier. If your skin is healthier at a cellular level, then it acts looks and feels younger. Look up Forever Young BBL for more info. View more
As a nurse who has worked with lasers, fillers and injections for 11 years, I have helped many people plan and get ready for their special day and I would like to help you too! There is so much more to tell you when it comes to our fabulous no-downtime treatments, but space is limited. If you are looking forward to an important event, please book a FREE consultation (with me, Cheryl the Laser Queen) and I can help create your beauty plan for your special day!