A message from Pacific Dermatology & Cosmetic Center
To our valued patients,
We will be scheduling and seeing patients in the office with your safety first. Your health and safety are our highest priority during this time. We continue to update our policies and procedures daily to reflect the evolving Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington State rules, recommendations and guidelines
On May 18th, we will begin in person cosmetic treatments such as Botox, fillers, lasers and other cosmetic surgeries. We will be offering in person cosmetic consults, but will continue with our virtual consultations as well.
We have implemented several safety measures over the past several weeks to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible, and we would like to share them with you as guidance for your upcoming visit.
Our office safety steps include:
- We are screening all of our staff for any Covid symptoms prior to coming in contact with our patients. We are also equipping all of our staff with PPE masks. All the staff who are coming in direct contact with patients are also diligently washing our hands before and after each patient.
- Our waiting area has been reconfigured to ensure at least 6 feet between patients. If you are early for your appointment, we may you to wait in your car until closer to your appointment time. We will be using text messaging for appointment communication.
- We clean each exam room with disinfectant including any items that are commonly touched, including exam tables, chairs, iPads, pens and doorknobs before and after each patient visit and at the end of each day.
We also would like to let you know what YOU CAN DO during your visit with us.
- Prior to your visit, you will be asked if you (or any person accompanying you) have had:
- Any cold or flu symptoms in the past 3 days? Symptoms include but are not limited to cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell”
- Have you traveled to any region known to be a ‘hot spot’ for Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you come in contact with a person known to have the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 14 days?”
- Please be sure that you (or any person accompanying you) bring a protective mask or facial covering for your visit and wear it before entering the building and throughout the visit. In the event you do not have a mask or a face covering, we may not be able to see you until a later date.
- If possible, we would like any family members wait in the car. If an adult (in case of a minor) or a caretaker needs to accompany a patient, only one adult will be allowed with the patient in the office. That person should also seek to observe the guidelines above (including wearing a protective mask or facial covering)
- Other than being examined by one of our providers, please try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other persons.
We are continuing our teledermatology visits
We are pleased that we have received great feedback from our patients on our teledermatology visits. If you would like to convert your appointment to teledematology visit, please feel free to let our phone receptionists know. Of course, certain diagnoses may require in-person evaluations. Examples of visits that work best for telehealth are:
- Stable acne
- Accutane follow ups
- Refill requests when a prescription has expired
- Management of biologics for patients who live far from the office
- Management of stable dermatitis/psoriasis for patients who live far from the office
You may get faster response by using our patient portal:
We are expecting numerous calls from our patients in the upcoming weeks. You may be able to obtain quicker responses from our providers and nurses by contacting them directly using your patient portal. If you need any help setting it up, please call us at (206)859.5777 or email us at [email protected] and we will email you your user link. We are still working on limited staffing so please expect one to two days for responses.
Thank you again for your trust and confidence. We are all looking forward to seeing you!
Dr. Jennifer Reichel and all the staff at Pacific Dermatology & Cosmetic Center